header-photo

New Year's Resolutions

I typically never take part in this. I mean every year if my fam is all together we will go around and give a toast and a resolution (while sipping on the one and only sparkling grape juice if I might add). I personally have never been too big on the resolutions part of it though. I mean let's be honest the resolutions are typically lose weight, get in touch with old friends, make new friends, blah blah blah.

That is why this year I have taken a different approach to the whole resolution jazz. I have made a list of resolutions that are very specific, and these are my top three:

1. Read the Bible (all in one year)
2. Run a 5k
3. Knit a scarf

How's that for random? They are all something I have never done so just completing them would be a huge accomplishment. The problem with me is I'm really good at the start (almost too good) as you can see I did with this blog, and then I slowly begin to fade away. With my quick start, here's what I've got so far for the three.

1. I got a chronological bible from the sis and fam for Christmas so I'm super pumped. Being the history lover that I am I really like for events to fall in chronological order so this is going to be a super help.

2. I have a couch to 5k plan ready to go. I have a podcast and music ready for arrangement while I run. I have two running buddies. I have narrowed down to a couple of 5ks so now I need to pick and pay so I must run.

3. I know how to knit the basics thanks to my patient mother and YouTube. Apparently knitting is suppose to be soothing so I picked it up over Thanksgiving. However for me being the beginner I am, it is frustrating and definitely tests my patience. I have already started my scarf five times and pulled it out because I messed up. Completing at least one scarf would in a way be a huge feat for me.

So there you have it, and you better hold me to it. As small of deal as this may seem to some I think it's going to be a challenge for me.

Happy 2009!

0 comments: