header-photo

Mustache Thursday, Lonnie's, and S.N.O.W.

I wrote this a couple of months ago so in honor of Thursday...

If I could describe Mustache Thursday in one word it would be...the best time of your life. Sorry. I just can't describe it in one word. Yes, maybe that is a little overboard but for the fortunate few who have had the opportunity to experience Mustache Thursday, I think they will agree with me.

The History of Mustache Thursday:

A couple of my friends were pubcrawling it a few months ago, and they came across this group of friends (or so I'm assuming) that had either drawn mustaches on their faces or their fingers and randomly held them up to their faces. So that's it. History in one sentence...take that Encyclopedia Britannica (or Wikipedia for those who are "up with the times").

We decided to spread the Murstache lurve so we now do a Mustache Thursday as much as possible. We haven't yet gone so far as to do it on a day other than a Thursday. I mean we try to be rebellious but some things are just too hard you know?

Last night was extra special though because one member of the group not to name any names or anything (cough Sherica) has decided to ungrace us with her presence. She's returning to her old stomping grounds...the city that never sleeps. And my props to her because there is no way in h-e-double hockeys that I could survive there. I've decided that LA, NYC, and Seattle are the three places I could never make it. Anyways. Off topic.

So we met up at Sam's, our fave Nashvegan bar and grill with the most amazing turkey sandwich if might add. We mustached it up there and headed towards downtown Nash for some karaoke at Lonnie's (go there when in Nash). Subliminal message 101. Which by the way we totally stepped it up a notch with the staches. Normally we just draw on our fingers with a permanent marker (washable just won't do), but last night one of the Murstachers brought some stick on, hard core Mario aka Italian staches. And it was awesome.

So we're riding to the karaoke and what else did we see but SNOW. That's right. This girl is in the single digits as far as snow sighting goes and of course I was with a former (and soon to be) New Yorker and former Chicagoan. So I was about 10,000 times more excited them. After I screamed "picture! take a picture!" for about 5 minutes the flurries had ended. But no worries. I have faith that I will see more snow as the winter progresses...exciting. (Update: I have seen more snow!)

Karaoke in Nashville is totally different than anywhere else. Everyone (except for us) was an aspiring country musician. So at the end of the night when Williford's setlist consisted of Creep (TLC) and Baby Got Back, I was super impressed. I unfortunately didn't make it on stage. I just wasn't sure how everyone would welcome Carole amongst the Judds, Garth, and the other usuals. There's always next time, right?

Here are some pictures so you can somewhat grasp the idea of Mustache Thursday. It's great, and I would highly advise any possible visitors to come up a night early for a weekend visit just to enjoy this wonderful activity.

0 comments: