header-photo

In Honor of Inauguration Day

Inauguration day is always a very important day for me. Whether it be a presidential candidate I supported or not, it reminds me of the fact that I am an American, and I was given the chance to select the next leader of our nation. The majority of the world cannot say this. Not only is the fact that I have the right to vote amazing, but the story behind it is as well.

For those of you who don't know, I am quite the history buff. I know what you're thinking...history and engineering? Really? Well, yes. Really. I have this thing I do where every trait that I have I determine which parent I get that particular trait from...whether it be personality, physical, etc. This tends to get on my mom's last nerve, but that sure hasn't stopped me from doing it. My love of history...definitely my dad. If you left my dad and me alone, we would probably sit in front of the tube and watch the history channel all day long.

One of my main interests in history is leadership which obviously includes the "highest political official in the United States by influence and recognition." You guessed it. The President of the United States of America. Everyone has there favorites as far as presidents go. Ask any third grader in the nation, and they'd probably say George Washington. Lincoln and FDR are atop the list of favorites as well. For me, I'm a big fan of Jefferson, and John Adams is making quite a run thanks to HBO's miniseries on him. I also like Teddy Roosevelt. My favorite of all time though...Reagan. Hands down.

I'm not going to dive into any detail about President Reagan. I know that if you want to read about him you can do so yourself on the world wide web. I will leave you with a couple of videos on Reagan. One being strictly funny/witty things he said. So enjoy your short president lesson for the day!


0 comments: