header-photo

Showtime Does It Again

I have had a wonderful relationship with Showtime and its many series over the last few years. Our relationship started with a little show called Weeds. Weeds follows the usual storyline. You know...the one where a suburban wife starts selling drugs for a living after her husband drops dead during a nice jog. 

I guess that's what I really like about Showtime. They come up with these completely off the wall storylines that could be possible. Hey. You never know.

Some of my other favorites are...

Dexter 
A serial killer who works for Miami PD and kills people that have 
done majorly bad things to justify his kills, or for my fellow viewers, he follows "the code".

The Tudors 
Well we all know that's drama waiting to happen. I mean we all know the Henry VIII song now, don't we?

Secret Diary of a Call Girl 
This one in particular is a bit risque. It's based on a book written anonymously by call girl in London, and I am all for the "based on a true story" line.

Showtime has successfully done it again though if you ask me with its new show United States of Tara. It stars Toni Collette (just fab) as a mom with multiple personality disorder. Right now only three "alters" have surfaced which looking at the promo posters that's all there's going to be. There is T - the rebellious teen who gets along great with her daughter, Alice - the epitome of a 1950s homemaker, and Buck - I think I might have seen him at a bowling alley down South a few times.


I've found the show extremely entertaining. Everytime Tara gets slightly stressed she switches to another personality which always seems right for the predicament that she's in. Oh, did I mention the series was created by Spielberg? That's right. 

AND for all of you Sex and the City (I honestly just had to google that because I didn't know if it was "and" or "in"...I had "in". Fail.) fans, which I obviously am not. Don't hate it. Just didn't get into it. This series has John Corbett, who I loved the first time I saw him on My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

So if you are looking for a new show to add to your list this year, I highly recommend this one.

0 comments: