header-photo

Seriously?

I wrote this the other day when the video was fresh on my mind. I haven't watched the video again, I don't care to watch the video again, and I have already put this out of mind. That's how I operate.

Also, I'm not a Jay-Z or Young Jeezy fan. I couldn't even tell you a song that the latter sings. Therefore, I did not lose any respect for these fellows because they didn't have any from me to start with. Just giving a fair warning to any fans because if I was a fan, they would have lost my respect (aka my fandom/money). With that said, here's my post...


I saw this video for the first time this morning while getting ready for work. I'm not going to lie. This video bothered me a bit.


There's a whole song to this respect. All I can say is so much for the election of Obama as the first black president bringing about a post-racial America.

My question for them is couldn't they have just stayed positive about Obama? I mean it was his night...not Bush's.

Now I know that this is only one video, and I am sure that similar racial slurs have been thrown on the opposite end of the playing field. But these are rappers that are internationally known and role models for many young Americans. Did I mention that Jay-Z was VIP at the inauguration? Yep.

On another note, a lot of this video was edited for TV due to the multiple swear words (love saying that). I happened to see an old commercial last night that Jay-Z/YJ could have taken some advice from. Hint: "There's no need to swear."


Love. It.

0 comments: