header-photo

My Deep (or just regular) Thoughts on the Oscars

I don't think I've ever watched an entire awards show. I mean they usually do the important awards at the beginning and end so there is no need to watch in between...unless it's the Tonys and they are entertaining you the whole time.

I was surprised to find that actually kept the Oscars on most of the time last night, and here is what I thought. There will be no fashion insight here seeing as how that will be covered in magazines and on TV for at least the next couple of weeks.
  • Anne Hathaway constantly whoo-ing during applause. Did anyone else hear her? I think we would be great friends
  • Hugh Jackman as host. I was wondering how he would fare. I mean he has hosted the Tonys before. You could tell too since most things involving him were song and dance.
  • Seth Rogen laughing after James Franco botched the winning short film's name. Awesome.
  • Kate Winslet winning. I'm glad she finally won but was this really the right character. I guess I just need to watch the movie to find out for myself, but most of the reviews I've read on the movie weren't the best. I guess it just depends on who you are up against which still doesn't make sense since Meryl was in the mix.
  • Speaking of Meryl...15 nominations. Wow.
  • Did you notice that they showed Brad and Angelina while Jennifer Anniston was on stage presenting? Always scandalous.
  • Anne Hathaway and her idol Meryl Streep. Hathaway was thrilled to work with Streep in Devil Wears Prada not even dreaming that a year later she would be nominated against her.
  • Jerry Lewis. You see my sister and brother decided to call during his marathon one time and donate. My parents weren’t too happy about this.
  • I liked how they presented the main awards by getting previous winners on stage to say a little something about one of the nominees.
  • I didn’t realize Michael Crichton had died until they were doing the people lost montage. I guess I missed that last year when it happened.
  • Sean Penn. Really? I don’t even think he thanked his wife Jen-nay (for all of you Forrest Gump fans out there). I did agree with him on one thing though...he does make it hard for you to like him.
That's all I got. On a side note, I think I've broken the Guinness World record for number of sneezes in a 24 hour period. LIG (Life is Good). That's what I tell myself when my day isn't going so well. You should try it. It's pretty funny.

0 comments: