header-photo

I Did It. So what?

Fact 26. I'm an idiot at times. I thought I had scheduled this to automatically post around lunch. Apparently, I don't know the difference between AM and PM. SO on that note. Here you go...

I normally don't do this sort of thing. I know. That's what they all say. But seriously. I liked this "challenge", if you will, because you are just suppose to give 25 random facts about yourself. No two-option questions like what's your favorite ice cream - chocolate or vanilla? None of that. This is just 25 things about you that people may not know unless they have known your entire life. Which in my case, they still don't know. Enjoy!


1. I have touched the Liberty Bell. True story. The person working the area yelled big time at me. Come to find out later my grandfather touched the table near it and got yelled at, too. Runs in the family, much?

2. Remember blood brothers? Catherine and I are blood sisters. It was spur of the moment. I think we just both happened to get cuts/scrapes that day. Gross? Kind of, but I've never been a germophobe.

3. Did you know that I love Carole King? I have seen her in concert twice. The first time I cried when she opened up with "Home Again," and the second time I really thought that I was going to see my idol get struck by lightning and die which almost made me cry again.

4. Speaking of lightning. My room I had from 8th through 12th grade was struck by lightning six times. That's more than 1 time a year. It's victims...Nintendo 64 (twice), light/fan (twice), tv, and my phone which continued to repeat my message over and over again. "Hey this is Beth. Hey this is Beth." I think I almost shat my pants.

5. I dressed up as Richard Simmons for Halloween, kissed a guy while dressed up as Richard Simmons, and passed out behind my dorm...that's right as Richard Simmons. Proud moment right there.

6. I leave my phone on silent 75% of the time. I'm trying to change this habit seeing as how my phone is my "work phone" now as well. It's funny when you think about though seeing as how I am a wireless engineer and all.

7. I absolutely love home videos, and if you are lucky enough I'll let you watch mine. Your life will be changed. Just ask Dallis.

8. I have had a green breakfast for St. Patty's day almost every year of my life.

9. I am a homeowner. Four words. Huge statement.

10. My calendar upstairs is still on January, and my calendar downstairs is a 2008 calendar. Whoops.

11. I am obsessed with museums/exhibitions. Especially the Smithsonian. Also, I am 0 for 2 when I go to any musuem/exhibition where you get a passport and then find out at the end if you made it or not. I unfortunately sank with the Titanic and was never to be seen or heard from again during the Holocaust. I think I might have made it though. I'm hopeful.

12. I have a brown Zune. I spent $300 on an mp3 player simply because it was brown. I am glad to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed other aspects of it as well. Especially with all of the solo traveling I've done in the past year.

13. I love all of the documentaries on TLC...especially the ones on primordial dwarves. Maybe I should delete this one. Uber creep, much?

14. I have kicked in a mirror...barefoot...and got not one scratch because of it. Take that Chuck Norris.

15. I am currently searching for my husband near the Vanderbilt campus.

16. I don't care much for running but am currently training for a 5k. When I complete my first 5k, I'm either buying a ukulele or a new guitar.

17. I did not apply to college. My mom did it for me. When I got a full scholarship in the mail from Alabama (No...she did not apply there for me. They just stalked me, I guess), I threw it in the fire, and it might have been my parents' proudest moment.

18. I miss my childhood. You can never get the innocent outlook on life back.

19. I have seen dead people. Asians to be specific. Bodies...The Exhibition, ladies and gents.

20. I have never bought anything made by Apple and don't intend to. Unless Motorola gets a contract with them, but then I still wouldn't have bought it. It's nothing personal (for all of my Apple/Mac friends/sibling).

21. I know that most people are a beach or a mountain person, but I thoroughly enjoy both.

22. I have never fallen in love...unless Ronald Reagan counts. How's that for a Debbie Downer fact?

23. I cried at the last episode of Gilmore Girls. And by cried I mean sobbed while sitting in my mom's lap. That was in 2007. I was just finishing up my senior year of college. That's right. Now reread #22 to again. You don't feel as sorry for me, do you?

24. I always made fun of my dad when I was little for the fact that he watched/listened to the news all the time, and he had to have a diet coke every morning. A typical morning routine for me: wake up, watch Fox & Friends or America's Newsroom (depending on the time), get ready, grab a diet dr. pepper or coke zero (depending on my mood), and head to work. Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, huh?

25. I lived in the same house for the first 18 years of my life (or until I moved to college). When I was little and would go to bed, the way I slept I could see through my doorway, down the hallway, all the way to the foyer where there was a coat rack. If I ever woke up during the middle of the night, I would wake up and see a dark figure with a coat and hat in the distance. This has traumatized me for life. Even typing this now my heart is racing. I always sleep with my door closed now, and to this day when I'm by myself and I turn the lights off, I run to my room because I think someone is chasing me. Paranoia.

Oh and I'm suppose to send this to 25 people. I think I might just email this blog link. Copy and paste is just such a hassle these days. Feel free to respond via email if you want! bwhite724@gmail.com

0 comments: