header-photo

YouTube: My Anti-drug

Remember that series of anti-drug commercials? Do they still do those? Not the topic of conversation just wondering.

I'm pretty big on YouTube, so it will definitely play a role in my blog. I'll go on there to watch one (uno/singular) video and two hours later I'm watching a video of someone I've never heard of somewhere I've never heard of. So today I got on YouTube with the mindset of just kind of browsing. You know...seeing what was out there.

I saw this video that I thought looked interesting, clicked on it, and it ended up being the newest video of this girl who's awesome. Julia Nunes. She plays a mean ukulele, and all of her videos are fun. Well I started picking some out that I thought I'd enjoy. Turns out she opened for Ben Folds and has played with him. She's definitely going places, and no I don't mean mainstream America. I went to her website to see if she was coming to Nashville anytime soon, and she had come in May. Turns out it was Nashville, IN...seriously guys?

A few videos I thoroughly enjoyed...


It looks like this was one of her firsts. The beginning is a little off, but she's quick to recover. Love the video for this one. Made me chuckle.


I like her version o' this better.


I mean I even listened to her entire rendition of Survivor, and I don't think I've listened to that song since we performed it in showchoir. One thing's for sure...she's definitely got a new fan.

0 comments: