header-photo

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

Since I'm going home for Thanksgiving on Tuesday and won't return until later next Sunday, I decided to go ahead and get a little Christmas decorating done today. I bought most of my decorations last year post Christmas when everything is like 125% off...seriously. The one thing I didn't have though was a tree.

So after church I went Christmas tree hunting. So much fun. I went with the prelit fake which is so funny to me because I totally hounded my parents the first year they bought a fake instead of a real (and that was only like 5 years ago and we had a cat that always turned over the tree each year...at least twice). I found my tree at Home Depot, and it was totally love at first sight. I walked out of that store, tree in hand, grinning ear to ear like I had just gotten the best deal ever...which I hadn't.

It took me all afternoon to put everything up. We have a tradition in my family as far as tree decorating goes. Every year my parents give us an ornament that represents us. I've had a puppy, tennis Santa, and a piano just to name a few. Once we open our ornaments we start decorating the tree with ornaments of old and reminisce on each ornament. And we always had a CD or tape (depending on the decade) playing in the background. I decided to stick with this tradition because I love it.

I turned my TV to the Traditional Holiday Music channel, and even got to break out my "Christmas in America" record. So exciting! So glad I picked that one up a couple of months ago, and it only cost 99 cents (even more exciting!!). And can I just say that everything goes so well with my apple green Ikea sofa and red pillows. In a word, my living room right now is scrumptulescent. I think I might just leave the Christmas decor up all year round.

Don't worry though. I didn't put any of my outdoor decor up yet. I didn't want to be that neighbor.

My smile equaled that of old Charles but my decorations...way better!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I so know how you feel. I just put gel window sticks of snowflakes and a christmas tree on my office door. I have the most holiday spirit in all of Jackson County!
I love your family tradition, I think I will steal it and use it when I start having baby Beths.

Beth said...

Definitely. I got a cute guitar this year. Get it? Nashville. Guitar. That Carol...she is one creative lady.