header-photo

Free Gifts are the Bestest

I took a holiday break and well deserved. My blog goal (and yes I was always taught that if you set small goals then it is more probable they will be accomplished) was to write a blog everyday for the first week (at least)...check. Small goal accomplished 101. So here's something funny that happened this week while on my mini break.

I got to spend tons of time with the fam this week which I loved. We actually woke up and went shopping (around 6:30) on Black Friday. This was the first time I have ever done this, and although there were great deals...I ended up buying a ton for me that I probably wouldn't have bought otherwise so Black Friday may not happen again for me next year.

Anyways, the broseph informed my sister of a used Xbox 360 deal going on at one of the stores. My nephew had one for about a year, and it died since he left it on 24/7. Not the point. So my sister mentioned getting a used one to my nephew. The conversation is as follows:

Sis: What do you think about getting a used Xbox before Christmas (key word before)? You know that way we can save some money.
Neph: But if I get it from Santa it will be free.

Good times. I miss being a kid.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I also shopped on BF for the first time in my life this past week. BUT I went to the mall with my sis in law and MIL at about 3:00 in the afternoon, so I don't know if that technically counts. But the stores were still crowded so I think it does. I bought 4 pairs of shoes for work! Low heels. That is the key. What did you get for yourself?

Beth said...

Well since you asked...some more Nike shorts (because I don't already have enough) and a big ol' jacket for when it snows in Nash...yea! I also bought a bunch of office decor. Totally business. A 4 gig jump drive for only $10 (what a deal) and I got a webcam to talk to folks on gchat video.

I am so glad that I am living up to my dork title.