header-photo

let the vacation begin

I'm writing this blog while sitting at my parents house in a ski bib from middle school. Believe it...and allow me to explain.

I just got home for the holidays, and I walked in my room to find the following: the madre's lightbulb/Christmas ornament cardigan (my fave of her Christmas sweaters. She thinks it's rude/funny that I want to borrow one of her sweaters for a tacky Christmas party), a dickie to go underneath the sweater (of course), khaki overalls with Auburn decor all over them (not really sure what these are), and a ski bib.

My mom was convinced that my ski bib from middle school would still fit, but I didn't believe her. Well ladies and gents...she was correcto, and therefore I am currently wearing it mainly because it's pretty dang cold in this casa. Also because it is totally fashion forward...duh.

So my past week was pretty busy even though I got to stay at home ALL week. Whoa. Lets start with Monday.

MONDAY was Regina preceded by Flying Saucer which were both absolutely wonderful.

On TUESDAY I signed up for the Country Music Half Marathon (woot!), got my new Droid phone, joined Twitter (due to my new phone), and I got to have dinner with my pops since he was in town.

WEDNESDAY was pretty normal. I went to the gym to start pretraining for my half marathon training, and it went really well. Again I say...woot!

THURSDAY. Gymed it. Mustache Thursdayed it with gal friends. Loads of fun.

FRIDAY was Mexican with the friends as well as a night on the town in Midtown which included talking to a few Jordanians...??? Oh and can I say that I went into work every single day this week? I think that's the first time that's happened since maybe when I interned. Haha.

SATURDAY = nothing = what I did all day. It was so great. I've been traveling during the week for so long and have really not had a weekend break lately due to either more roadtrips or friends/family coming to visit. Which is the case for the next three weekends as well so it was nice to have a break for once.

SUNDAY was so fun. I had brunch with the girls which included Christmas tunes and delightful homemade waffles. I tried out a new recipe for Turkey Sausage Balls which were actually better than regular sausage balls to me because they tasted the same but weren't as greasy. I also put all of my Christmas decor up since I probably won't have time until after the girls weekend in Denver. Oh and I almost had a nervous breakdown. Basically I thought I had mold all under my kitchen floor, but I didn't. I can explain in detail if you want to know, but I'll leave it at that for now. And I almost had a nervous breakdown because I knew I was about to be gone for about two weeks and wasn't sure what to do.

MONDAY was a car day. I spent about 9 or 10 hrs in my car. I drove to JC for a customer meeting, and it lasted maybe 15 minutes. Then I drove down to ATL to spend the night with the broseph. We went to a really good mexican restaurant called Pure that was in downtown Woodstock. We also did a little Christmas music recording so stay tuned for that.

I'm pretty sure they should put some sort of max character limit for posts because I feel like I've typed a dang textbook. Anyways, I'm out for now. Happy Thanksgiving! YEA for the Purina Dog Show!!!

Oh one more thing. I don't know if y'all remember my post from last Christmas season about the baby Jesus/Santa snowglobe. Well my mom found this oh so precious ornament while she was at the Biltmore for a girl's weekend a month or so ago.

How sweet is that?


From my bro-ha...I have a uke on my tree!!!


0 comments: