header-photo

bon jovi is white

Am I the only person in the world right now listening to Regina Spektor while watching the Colts/Patriots game? I'm just saying.

I just wrapped up a wonderful weekend with the sis and fam (my sis being the only female in her family of five). The broseph and I gave her two tickets to the Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman when we knew Carrie Underwood would be singing since she's a pretty big fan. Being the horrible Nashvegan I am aka not really loving the country music scene (especially the new one), I let her take her hubby with...which left me with three boys for about 5 hours. This of course being right after we all treated ourselves to a Gigi's (ten pounds of icing...aka sugar) cupcake.

Normally they can be a bit overwhelming all together, but I had a blast. I have a lot to entertain them with, and I just let them have at it. I mean who wouldn't love a night of Nick Jr and Disney online games, Chic Fil A (including ice dreams...NOT creams I was informed multiple times...and the playground), uke action, "bass" guitar playing (the middle child kept calling my guitar a bass since it was bigger than his youth guitar), Playstation 2 and Xbox 360 games galore.

They all had pretty random and memorable quotes. My oldest nephew wants a PSP and an Ipod for Christmas which he says shouldn't be a big deal since Santa is paying for it. I totally agreed with him. I mean you can't argue with that one, huh? Unless you spill into the state of the economy which I'm pretty sure happened for a brief moment.

My favorite quote of the night was when we finally sat down and watched a total of 2 minutes of the Auburn game. A Bon Jovi commercial came on for some reason which was pretty random in and of itself. The eldest turned to me point blank and said..."I didn't know that Bon Jovi was white." I'm pretty sure I laughed for a good while and am even chuckling now thinking about it.

0 comments: