header-photo

iamsotiredbutatleastlifeisfun

I was pretty bummed out when I found out that I was going to be in Johnson City on the Monday of the Ingrid Michaelson show in Nashville (especially since I bought my ticket about 3 months ago and had been excited ever since), but I put on my big girl pants and got on with it. That was until I found out she was going to be in Asheville the next night. Asheville is literally only an hour away from Johnson City, so I voted yes to that concert. AND I am SO glad I DID (minus the 12:30 am arrival back to the hotel).

Why the Ingrid Michaelson concert was awesome besides the fact that it was Ingrid Michaelson, and she is awesome. And besides the fact that she plays my two fave instruments...piano and uke. Well...I will tell you why.
  • Crowd involvement - She does a ton of crowd involvement which is oh so fun. For one song, we were split in two and had a singing (screaming) contest. The team names...Nipples and Balls. Balls = the best word ever in my book, and when she asked for names I almost screamed it out but didn't...she thought of it anyways. I laughed everytime she yelled it.
  • All of her random/hilarious tangents. She's seriously really funny in a dry kind of way aka my favorite kind of way. Like when she asked the crowd to delete and please not upload any bad pictures of her, and then dove into a story about a girl who sent her a "good picture" but really it was a picture with like triple chins and the worst angle ever. She politely said thanks though.
  • She skipped the walking off stage for the encore and instead just hid. And by hid I mean one of the guys was behind a set of drumsticks.
  • Scrubs in opera. Let me clarify. TLC'S "SCRUBS." IN. OPERA.
  • The fact that she closed with Far Away. Loves it.
  • The man in front of me. No this has nothing to do with Ingrid, but this 50 year old man with ear plugs came and stood right in front of me with like a song into the concert. I could have easily been mad but the fact that he was constantly doing this ridiculous Carlton with no hands type move and randomly talking - or should I say screaming due to the ear plugs - to the girls beside me who never responded kept me pretty entertained. Plus, I still had a pretty clear shot of Ingrid.


I could go on and on and on...but I won't. Yea for two amazing concerts within the past few days. And yea for Regina Spektor in under two weeks. And yea for Denver in one month. YEA!

0 comments: