header-photo

Last Week in a Nutshell

I'm about to get back to my traveling ways in t minus 2 or so hours, and you'll never guess where I'm headed...my new work week home of JC, TN. I didn't have to go out of town at all last week which was very awesome, but I realized that I wasn't very good at sitting at an office desk for 8 hours, and that was even with a break Wednesday working at home. I found myself going to the grocery store or Borders during my lunch break just to get out of the office.

I liked being back in the normal swing of things post work though. I mean what beats your own bed at night? Ladies, am I right? Wow I haven't watched Ellen in a really long time. Damn grownup world.

Being back, I got to hit up the gym a few times. I actually went to the one near my office right after work one day which left me time to bum around afterwards. I hit up Whole Foods which I found out the next day a lot of folks that shop there are boycotting since the owner stepped up against health reform. My sister informed me of this after I told her about my visit. I thought it was pretty funny that I unknowingly threw in my support for him.

Mustache Thursday was back in full swing at Sam's. Just a little later than usual. And it was awesome.


Some firsts for me this week...
  • Ate at Stoney River compliments of a vendor I work with. The filet was amazing.
  • Played tennis for the first time in about a year at Belmont. Picked moving weekend which was probably the busiest it is all year.
  • Ran over 5 miles at the gym!!! I went for a quick run yesterday since I was still sore from tennis, and it turned into an hour long run. Needless to say I am a little sore today but it's that kind of sore that makes you proud of what you did...not regret what you did.
Oh the girls went out to dinner Friday and decided to dine al fresco since it was ridiculously nice outside. There was this weird Spanish influenced building across the street, and we couldn't decide if it was a church or restaurant or what. But it had a gate. Turns out it's Dolly Parton's admin offices. Crazy. We didn't love the restaurant, but I think we might go back just to see if we can get a glimpse of the one and only Dolly...and the vino was half off during August.

0 comments: