header-photo

How I Waste Time

I have literally jumped out of my chair the past two days when visiting the Fox News website. Why? They've done an article on pythons and there is always a picture of a snake right there in front of me. I always have this weird fear that the snake is going to come alive and jump out at me...and then I almost have a heart attack. So I have officially diagnosed myself as a ophidiophobic (aka snakephobic). Really guys? How original.

I found some other fun phobias.
  • Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words. This was one of if not the longest one I found. Ha!
  • Toxiphobia or Toxophobia or Toxicophobia- Fear of poison or of being accidently poisoned. Accidentally poisoned? Hmmm.
  • Phobophobia- Fear of phobias. No one is going to admit to this phobia if they are against the idea altogether.
Anyways, just wasted a good ten minutes on that. Go me!

0 comments: