header-photo

Davis Cup Fun

I'm sitting on the screen porch at my aunt's house in Birmingham right now. It is so freaking nice outside right now, and I love it. I came in to town this weekend for the Davis Cup. When I found out it was coming to Birmingham AND we were playing Switzerland (aka Roger Federer), I think I almost shat my pants. But turns out Roger backed out just a couple weeks ago which was a total bummer. I actually was thinking of this when I was asked to go work in Mexico because I knew both of these opportunities probably wouldn't come up again. I think you know which one I leaned towards now.

So I drove in Thursday. Took a day off of work Friday although I did respond to one email (whoops). Such a workaholic.

Thursday evening I had a mini Camp Mac reunion with some of the counselors I worked with a few summers back, and we had a blast. After driving aimlessly around Bham yesterday for a good 30 minutes, I met up with my parentals at my aunt's house. I haven' t seen my mom since Christmas which for a mom that will call you in two hour spans if you don't answer the phone to make sure you are not dead...that is a long time.

Yesterday I went with the mom to watch the first two singles matches. Lets just say that she was over it after the first set of the first match. It was pretty funny. She was trying to play solitaire and other games on my phone. They gave us noise makers and signs, and I'm pretty sure that everyone in our section hated us. We are basically two little kids when we get together.

So that's that. I'm off for day 2 of tennis. I'll let you know if a fight breaks out. Please.

0 comments: