header-photo

Friday...Bum Bum Bummmm...the 13th

Hey! Happy Friday the 13th! It's super depressing and cold here in Nash. Right now I it's 40 (feels like 33) degrees out, and the sun hasn't gone down yet. So hopefully the venue we're going to tonight has an indoor stage.

I have been in a Jewel mode all day. I'm going with the whole depressing weather bit as my excuse. I used to be a big fan but I always thought she sold out a bit when she went mainstream, and I completely quit listening to her. Not because she went mainstream but the sound of her music changed a good bit as it normally does.

I loved her first cd though, and I think she really hit that one out of the park. I feel like her and Alanis both did that, and as a musician that is hard to live up to. In my opinion, neither of them either put out a better (or equal for that matter) cd to that first cd.

Anyways, here are a couple of the songs I've been listening to today. It makes me laugh to think about me listening to these 13 years ago. I mean I was 10 years old and sure as hell didn't know what half if any of the meanings to the songs were. Not that I ever dive too deep into songs but Jewel really doesn't give you a choice on her debut cd. So enjoy!


The other one...Adrian isn't even on YouTube. What in the helicopter? That phrase is from my dear friend Ruby from Style's Ruby. I think I laugh ridiculously loud everytime I hear her say it. Anyways. Happy weekend!

0 comments: