header-photo

This is Me Venting

I'm right there with you, Alex.

I'm pretty sure that everyone from my generation is familiar with Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. I know I am, and that's how I feel the last few days have been for me.

It started on Tuesday. I was lucky enough to get up at 5:30 (I normally wake up at least two hours later) to drive a couple of hours east for business. To save me some time, the night before I straightened my hair which turned out to just be a waste of time. On the way their it started raining, and I don't think it's stopped yet. So it rained all day. I had on heels, straight hair, and I was basically trekking around in the mud outside to visit some sites. It was awesome.

I ended up leaving a couple of hours later than planned because we had an incident. So when I finally got on the road I realized I was going to hit Nash at rush hour, and to make matters worse it was absolutely pouring rain. Oh wait that wasn't the worst because about 30 miles outside of Nash my engine light came on so I found myself maxing out at 50 mph on the interstate. Good times.

Wednesday:
I realized I had a ridiculously short time frame to get work done, and I had absolutely no clue what I was doing. I get extremely frustrated in this type of situation. Today wasn't so bad except for the fact I couldn't really go any where because my engine light was still on so I missed book club...Christmas edition style.

Today:
Wow. I got up straightened my hair yet again (don't ask me why). I left for work later than normal to make sure and avoid any traffic so I could drive straight to Mazda and get my little Nigel serviced. Ends up that there was a wreck so any and every way I could go was backed up and moving I'd say around .01 mph. So I finally got back to my neck of the woods in 30 minutesish and went to Panera across the street from mi casa to work/eat breakfast/see when traffic died down. I basically had nothing accomplished by the time lunch rolled around.

I finally got to work a little, and traffic cleared up after 1:00 so I decided to head towards the dealership. Dropped the car off and got one of my coworkers to pick me up and we headed to the office. I then got an earful from one of the sales guys I'm working with (which was awesome and didn't piss me off at all), and I didn't get everything done that I needed to.

When I left the office it was raining/sleeting/snowing, and by the time I got my car it was covered with snow. So I got to drive home going 35 mph on the interstate (if you'd have told me that was even legal I probably wouldn't have believed you). I didn't even get to enjoy my first snow in Nashville. Oh well.

I'm still working (this is my break) right now and waiting for some emails to come in. I was suppose to have dinner downtown and get a CMT tour compliments of Kate, but the weather/work put a stop to that.

Needless to say I won't be sorry when this week is over. And I didn't think I would say this so soon, but I'd rather be in finals.

My only explanation for all of this is that last week was really awesome, so I guess I had to maintain balance...hence this week.

0 comments: