header-photo

Carole...I think you knew it was coming.

I would not be true to myself if I had no blog completely dedicated to one of my heroes (not politically) Carole King. Anyone that knows my first and last name knows who Carole King is and my slight obsession with her. I wasn't really sure how to approach this blog, but after hours upon hours (aka five minutos) of brainstorming I knew exactly what I would do...an acronym. This might be my top ranked English activity. Haikus coming in at a close second, naturally. So here it is.


Creative
Amazing
Rustic
Original
Laid back
Entertaining



So that's what I think about her. She's an amazingly creative singer/songwriter whose known for her originality and whose laid back and rustic tunes have kept me entertained for years. How's that for awesome?

After writing this I thought it was so good that I should email it to her, but last time I shot her an email she didn't respond. Sad day. Maybe I'll just write it on a piece of paper and give it to her daughter the next time she's in town.

I also thought to myself...I wonder how many times in my life I have done an acronym with Carol (no e) since that is my mom's name. My conclusion: probably a bunch.

What's always been funny to me is that I was always a fan and just didn't know it. My dad loves to tell the story of me singing (You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman to him on the ride to kindergarten everyday. It was the Aretha version and I was five, but that is in my opinion one of the most beautifully written songs ever...

"When my soul was in the lost and found, you came along to claim it.
I didn't know just what was wrong with me 'til your kiss helped me name it.
Now I'm no longer doubtful of what I'm living for.
'Cause if I make you happy, I don't need to do more."

Don't get me wrong. I am no hopeless romantic, but everytime I hear this I can't help but get chills all over.

So what better way to get you acquainted with Carole (if you aren't already) than watching her rendition of this song. Carole and the piano. Nothing more is needed. It's the rawness of her version of this song that I really love. Everything laid out on the table. Nothing left to hide. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Great post Beth. That's a great video, too.