header-photo

Dark Skies and Blue Skies

Have you ever seen the show I Shouldn't Be Alive? If you haven't you totally should. It's out of control. Anyways, I definitely felt like I was (or should have been) on an episode of it last night. I had planned on driving down to O-town last night since driving in from Nash on a Friday normally only gives me one good day on Saturday.

I thought if I drive in on Thursday and work from home on Friday I'd gain some quality time to spend with the fam and friends. Well Mother Nature had something to say about my genius plan.

I had planned on leaving Franktown around 4 yesterday, but after finishing up a call around a quarter til I checked weather.com...tornado warning. We could hear the sirens going off but I was still hopeful. Opal Optimist ladies and gents. So I checked again about 20 minutes later...tornado warning/flood warning. It definitely wasn't looking good as far as the ETD went for me.

I finally ended up leaving around 6 which would have put me in O-town around 10:30 or 10:45ish. Little did I know that over half of the trip (from Nash to Bham) would be spent with no radio at all (by choice) and me constantly looking out different windows including the sun roof for any type of funnel cloud not to mention while being pounded by rain. I felt like an idiot/tornado chaser, and I have never been so happy to see lightning in my whole life. Everytime it struck I checked the night sky for a funnel.

Needless to say, I made it. I probably won't try that often in the future. I figure you can only be fortunate so many times. Anyways, it's absolutely gorge outside right now and I'm busy working (taking a break right now) outside. I'm coming up on a year as a TN resident, and I can definitely vouch for the fact that Alabama's skies are that much bluer (??).

Can I also mention how much I like the new Alabama car tags...the Sweet Home Alabama ones. I mean yes that is the most overplayed song of my life, but the design is so much better than the last one.

Happy weekend!

0 comments: