header-photo

weekend edition

This weekend was a total blast.

The broseph got in town in time to dine in Nashville on Friday, so I took him to one of my favorite spots...The Flying Saucer. We started with just the two us and ended with ten folks with him being the only guy. Fun times. After that we hit up Demonbreum for a little bit of socializing and musical fun.

Saturday we decided to hit up the Shoney's buffet for brunch because lets be honest. If you can eat Shoney's bfast buffet and lunch then you are amazing. After that we headed downtown to tour the Ryman which I had been wanting to do for a while. When our tour guide met up with us, he informed us that the last tour he gave had 21 people in it...ours was just the two of us. VIP. I sat my nice little hiney where many a musician have sat.

We also played the Ryman...


After the Ryman, we tried to tour Yazoo, but since they are moving to a new location soon it was packed. We got there around 4, and the next tour we could take was at 6:30. So we voted no, decided to go back downtown and fight the sea of blue that was Kentucky fans, and spend the rest of the evening there.

Oddly enough, we apparently had the same schedule as former president Lincoln since we saw him in the two bars we went to, and I'm pretty sure I eye flirted with him which I'm not sure if I'm excited about or weirded out about. I tried to take a picture but it's not that good.


Top Hat Close Up - He's basically looking over the bar. Love it.


Notice the Kentucky fans. I'm pretty sure we were the only non-KY fans each place we went. Well, there was this one lady who was part of a (bum, bum, BUM) house divided. She was a TN fan and her husband...you guessed it...KY. She pointed him to the storage room when he was trying to find the bathroom. It was pretty hysterical.

At the end of the night, we found ourselves running (sprint style) up commerce to get to our parking lot before it closed for the night. We are guessing we made it within maybe 30 seconds to spare because when I actually pulled my car down to leave the garage door was closed. No worries though...it automatically opened from the inside.

Sunday was another brunch day (Noshville instead of Shoney's) followed by a 10 mile run around town with three of the gals. Not the best day for running, but we made it happen.

0 comments: