header-photo

encouragement for the week

Well it's Sunday evening and I have FINALLY recuperated from my long run yesterday. It didn't help that I've been sick the past few days as well. I've been told that I will get use to the longer runs which I do believe because I got super tired after 4 and 5 mile long runs, but those are weekday runs now. ANYhoo.

When I was running on Saturday around lunchtime in the absolutely gawgeous weather, I was very encouraged by people in general. First off right by Belmont there was a nice couple(?) that had set up water coolers for runners. They were on Belmont Blvd which is a main drag of the race. I thought that was going above and beyond and super nice. I actually almost changed my route to swing by there again because I ran out of water with a couple of miles to go. Instead, I just got dehydrated at the end. Testing out my physical and mental strength.

Now I shared this with Amy already, but when I am running I totally pump myself up in my head. I mean how else are you suppose to run for extended periods of time? I'll say stuff like "you got this" or "if you quit now, you're only hurting yourself." I guess you could say I give myself positive and negative encouragement. Call me coach.

Well, I was fortunate enough to receive encouragement from a fellow runner this weekend. Running a similar route to the race itself, I passed a good amount of the same people going the opposite direction. I happened to pass one guy for a second time. He looked up, smiled, and simply said "you got it." I was about 3 miles out from being done. So for the rest of my run, you know exactly what I said to keep me in the run. "You got it." Thank you stranger for helping me out.

This week should be a very trying week at work, and I'll probably need some sort of encouragement to get me through it. I think I already have it in my back pocket though. You. Got. It.

0 comments: