header-photo

The Good Guy (or Gal) Does Win

Kim Clijsters just won the US Open...and I just peed my pants with excitement. Wow. What a story. For those of you who don't follow tennis let me fill you in.


Clijsters was at the top of the women's circuit a few years ago but decided to retire at a pretty young age to start a family, enjoy other aspects of life, etc. Well she was asked to play in an exhibition doubles match in Wimbledon this year to showcase the new retractable roof on Centre Court...and she decided she missed the game or something like that so she came back.

Her third tournament back just happened to be the US Open (one of the four majors in tennis) as a wildcard entry. She not only defeated many top seeded players but ousted both Williams sister in her route to the championship. Her sweet little girl got to watch her win tonight, too. Picture perfect moment if I do say so myself.

First mom to win a major since 1980. Feel good story of the year.


Her daughter kept seeing herself on the big screen and pointing. Love it.


Yea. Hooray. She's back...and rumor has it Henin might make a comeback, too. We shall see. I love that some of my faves are returning to the game after early retirement and are still definitely in the picture.

0 comments: