header-photo

are we officially in the future?

Well, well, well.

Happy 2011, everyone! 20-11. Twenty. Eleven. Can you believe it? Remember when people thought 1984 was scary (including my sister who read it in 1998)? Craziness. We are officially in the future. I wish we were all wearing matching silver onesies like in the movies, but unfortunately we're not.

I hope everyone had a very, merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year's Eve.

I will say that I am pretty sad to see 2010 aka "the year of weddings" end. Not only did I get to see many of my closest friends marry their best friends, but I just had a great year all around. I ran my first half marathon. I got to enjoy the rest of my golden year. And not to mention the travels galore...3rd annual rafting trip, Nola, Biltmore, Holiday World, San Diego (which I still need to update you on), the beach and lake and I could go on and on...but I'll save you for now.

AND even though most of my weekends during football season were booked, I still got to enjoy the best Auburn football season since 2004 (which I will continue to enjoy in a week in...Arizona!).

I can also say that at the end of this year I did a little soul searching, and I've discovered a lot about myself that was holed up. Maybe it was the dreaded quarter-life birthday that finally got me thinking although being the mathematically minded person that I am...I am less than convinced on 25 being the quarter-life birthday since most of us won't live to 100. Truth hurts.

I was actually thinking that since I did so well with myself that I should probably pursue a doctorate in Psychiatry, but then I realized I couldn't make it through a million more years of school.

Wow...tangent. Maybe I should put work on attention span on my resolutions list. Oh wait...I don't have a list yet. With that being said I guess I'll go with three resolutions (completely spur of the moment) that I have for the year...

1.  Find a church that fits
2.  Run my first marathon  
3.  Volunteer more

These are all pretty big goals for me, but you know what? I think 2011 is the year for me.

Number one is a must. Last year was a crazy weekend travel year for me, and I really want to get settled in to church that I love.

Number two...I'll be training with the lovely Miss (soon to be Mrs!) Amy Williford (soon to be Sloop!), and just like she helped me through the half marathon training last year, I know we'll be able to get through this training together, too. Must prove the doubters wrong.

And last but certainly not least...I already have a wonderfully/amazingly/tremendously awesome volunteer opportunity set up in Utah for when I head out to Arizona (more to come on that) that I could not be more excited about so I'm starting that resolution as of right now. Woot!

Hey guys...it's going to be a GREAT year.

0 comments: