header-photo

soup season

Well guys. It's that tights wearing, soup making, hot chocolate drinking, carol singing, fire warming time of the year.

Now I'm a pretty big chowder person. Don't get me wrong, I like my thin soups, but there is just something about a creamy soup that makes me melt. One particular lobster bisque I had in San Diego may have been in the top ten of best things I've ever eaten. However, that creamy deliciousness normally comes with a price to pay...it's not the best thing for you.

Not so fast my friend (thanks, Corso).

I've found a soup that is chowder-esque and healthy. This soup has been a staple for me during the past couple of winters, and I'm actually whipping it up as we speak.

It's Ellie Krieger's Corn and Vegetable Soup and it, my dear friends, is amazing. Check it out here.

It's so easy to make, and I substitute the red peppers with orange just to add another color to the mix. Enjoy!

0 comments: