header-photo

my first post from a jet plane

I'm currently on my first of two flights en route to Phoenix, and I've decided to go for my first mile high blog post. Ironically enough I'm headed to the mile high city in time to run (or sprint) to catch my next flight to Phoenix, and with that I just managed to say mile high more times than in my entire life.

But enough about that.

I have recently come to really appreciate how truly blessed I am, and this awesome trip I am about to partake in just further proves that. I have always had a soft spot for traveling, but now being the self sufficient woman that I am (yes...I just said that), I feel like my travels are just starting and that makes me smile...bigtime.

So what's on the agenda for this 10 day journey? Well...

Friday: Nashville to Denver to Phoenix via air. Meet up with the bro and drive to the Grand Canyon.

Saturday: Grand Canyon sunrise followed by a morning hike and lunch at the canyon. Short drive to Sedona for a sunset jeep tour. Drive to Scottsdale to meet up with the parents for a late dinner.

Sunday: Day with the mom either at the hotel spa, a ranch, dunebuggy driving or Sedona. Random, right? Dinner with the bro for his bday and off to Sir Charles' legends party.

Monday: Musical Instrument Museum. Tailgating. National Championship Game.

Tuesday: Farewell to the fam and hello to solo travels. 6 hour drive to Utah (through the Grand Canyon). Tour of Best Friends Animal Society sanctuary. Possibly ATVing at sunset.

Wednesday: Volunteering. Dogs in the morning. Cats in the afternoon. Taking a dog home for the night.

Thursday: Volunteering. Pot-bellied pigs in the morning. Horses in the afternoon. Drive to Flagstaff or Sedona.

Friday: Drive to Phoenix. Fly to Nola to meet up with the girls for bachelorette fun. Bourbon street.

Saturday: All day in Nola. Hopefully some French Quarter eating and shopping and another night on Bourbon.

Sunday: More Nola fun. Flight back to Nash.

Monday: Day off = Rest.

So yeah. I'm just mentally preparing to live. it. up.

0 comments: