header-photo

livemocha

One goal I have always had is to be multilingual...bilingual at the least. After many failed attempts to get started, I finally found a site last night that I think I'm going to stick with.

It's called livemocha, and it's completely free to get you started. You can take lessons, submit written and oral assignments, and receive comments from peers who are fluent in whatever language you are learning. I even commented on a few English submissions and earned some teacher points.

The main thing that drew me in to this site was the opportunity to interact with people who spoke the language that I am trying to learn. I feel like the more I dive in and interact, the better off I will be.

I guess when I think Spanish the first thing that comes to mind is how quickly the words roll off of the tongue. I wasn't sure how well my Southern tongue would adapt to this seeing as how I can't even speak English that fast without getting tongue tied. Well last night I completed my first oral submission and one comment I received from one of my Spanish "teachers" was this...


Slower? Well at least I know that won't be an issue. Haha.

0 comments: