header-photo

Birthday Surprises

I decided Thursday that I would drive down to ATL for the weekend so I could roadtrip it with the broseph down to Callaway Gardens on Saturday for the pop/nephew's family birthday celebration. I was a surprise.

My mom got a year pass to Callaway through work that lets her, my dad, and five other folks in free. The pass was only $35 which pays for itself if just her and the dad go since it's 15 bucks a head to get in that place. Well, this became a problem when I made the 8th adult in the group.

The broseph and I met up with the caravan, I had my seat totally down to hide from the fam, and my brother was ready to make a quick stop and pay which we thought would surely give away the fact that someone else besides my brother was in the car. However, the seat trick not only fooled the fam but also fooled the guard that was working at the entrance, and we drove right through. Thanks, CG!

Once we parked on the right side of everyone I hopped out of the passenger seat so nobody could see me and yelled surprise. I think my mom was the most surprised. If I could sum up her reaction with one picture, it would be...

She even told me on the way there she asked my dad what he thought I was doing today. Little did she know.

After the surprise, we ate and went to the vegetable garden (which I could have cared less about...I just ran around it with the boys). We also played puttputt (I had two holes in one thank you very much), shuffleboard, ping pong, and we rode the train. Goooood times.

0 comments: